Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brazil 2 - Korea 1

I wish I could explain the extent of passion of futbol here! All meetings had to be done by 2pm so people could get ready for the game - stores, banks, etc. closed at 2 or 3 for the 3:30pm game. There is a massive movie theater screen set up on Copacabana Beach to watch the games. The streets were flooded with vendors of all things Brazil futbol! It would be like watching the Superbowl on the 4th of July!!!

I attended a home party with the step-mother a friend from the US. She graciously welcomed me into her home with her friends and family. When Brazil scored, the streets came alive - firecrackers, horns, cheers, etc. After the game, people remained to party but in a orderly fashion. They play again on Sunday where I will watch it with another friend in Belo Horizonte.

No comments:

Post a Comment