Friday, June 11, 2010

June 10 - meeting with Fellow Marcelo Knobel and his family

I was delighted to have the opportunity to meet with Fellow Marcelo Knobel and his beautiful family at their new home in Campinas. In this area, farmers are selling off their land for a high value for urban housing developments.

Marcelo and his family were warm and gracious hosts. They prepared a traditional Brazilian meal 0f soup (made with hearts of palms and a local vegetable), rice and beans (this is what most Brazilians eat every day), chicken, pork, beans, a toasted flour and fried yucca. It was delicous and I especially enjoyed the fried yucca. You can purchase it peeled. Then you boil it and fry it. It taste like a large yukon gold potato. We had a carmel flan, star fruit, mango and passion fruit for dessert. Seeing I am interested in agricultural, Marcelo had purchased as many fruits as possible for me to try! Thank goodness for espresso or I would have had a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment